Phones 4u Limited has entered administration. Phones 4u’s insurance is arranged by Policy Administration Services Limited (part of the Phones 4u group), which has also entered administration.
The insurer London General Insurance Company Limited is outside the group and is unaffected by this administration process.
What this means to you
Your insurance policy is still active and will continue until you are notified otherwise. Your insurance premiums are safe and we are working on plans with the insurer to maintain our claims and related services under your policy.
PHONES 4U CARE CUSTOMERS
Due to the closure of Phones 4u’s stores all accepted claims will be fulfilled through courier delivery. Please call 0333 222 6730* if you need to contact us.
There is no change to your policy. If you need to contact us, please call us on 0333 220 5466*.
MOBILE TELEPHONE OR DATA SERVICES
Please contact your network provider.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To assist in answering any immediate questions or concerns that you may have, we have set out responses to Frequently Asked Questions below. Please refer to these before calling as they may assist you with your query.
We apologise again for any inconvenience.
1. Is my insurance cover still valid?
• Yes, if you have an active Phones 4u Care or Premierplan mobile phone insurance policy your policy remains in force in accordance with its terms and conditions.
2. Should I continue to pay my premium to Policy Administration Services?
• Yes, to continue benefiting from your valuable insurance cover you will need to continue paying the premium.
• The Administration of Policy Administration Services does not affect your insurance cover and your premiums will be safe.
3. I have a query about my network contract or charges
• Please contact your network provider.
4. I have a new claim under my Premierplan – what do I do?
• Please read through the claims process in your insurance documents and follow this process.
• You may contact the claims helpline on 0333 220 5466*.
5. I have a Phones 4u Care policy and my phone is not working?
• Please refer first to the user handbook for your phone since you may find that this will assist in resolving your problem.
• If not, you may use our online tool at phones4utechsupport.co.uk
• If your phone needs to be replaced we will arrange delivery of a replacement and collection of your faulty phone.
6. I have a query on the terms of my insurance?
• Please refer first to your insurance documents. We have endeavoured to set out all details of your insurance clearly in your documents.
• If this does not answer your query our customer services team will be happy to assist.
Policy Administration Services Limited:
Douglas Nigel Rackham and Ian David Green have been appointed as Joint Administrators of Policy Administration Services Limited to manage its affairs, business and property as agents without personal liability.
All are licensed in the United Kingdom to act as insolvency practitioners by the ICAEW. The Joint Administrators are Data Controllers of personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP will act as Data Processor on their instructions. Personal data will be kept secure and processed only for matters relating to the administration. The Joint Administrators are bound by the Insolvency Code of Ethics which can be found at:
*Call charges will vary depending on your provider. Calls to 03 numbers cost the same as a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and are included in free call packages and your inclusive mobile phone minutes. If you are unsure of your call charges we recommend contacting your provider before calling us. Calls may be recorded or monitored for Training/Customer Services purposes and/or the prevention or detection of crime. Details correct at time of creation.